Assignment 4

Ishvar Sitaldin

Professor Weyn

ENGL 21007 – Persuasive Email

March 27, 2023

Your Best Bet in Rivaling Elon Musk

Dear Ms. Weyn:

My name is Ishvar Sitaldin, and I am a current design engineer at NASA. We met briefly a couple of days ago during your annual fundraising event, where you publicly announced your aspirations to rival Elon Musk in space exploration. As someone who has been interested in space travel since my early years on this planet, I immediately recognized your true interest in this field. Because of this, it felt only natural that I would approach you with my personal project, which we can bring out publicly together.

If we truly intend to start with space exploration, I believe we must first improve the fundamentals. I believe we need to start working on a new type of propulsion system or engine for rockets to improve the speeds at which we can travel. According to my plan, we will start research on this new invention immediately and develop a prototype by 2030 at the latest. Next, we will divide our attention into 2 main areas, namely: Mars missions and Earth missions. Regarding the Earth missions, I am talking about improving air travel on earth using our newly developed engines. The plan is to use your connections and involve Airbus and/or Boeing to help with this part of the plan. This will result in additional income and will allow us to further fund our space exploration missions. With regards to the Mars missions, the plan is to use the newly developed engines and inhabit Mars by 2040 and continue our journeys from there.

All of this is only possible with your help, I am fully capable of handling the engineering aspect of this project as I will personally be overseeing the Research & Development department. I need your help regarding your connections at Airbus and Boeing and in terms of funding, either by yourself or if you want to find like-minded people like us to help fund this revolutionary project.

We can further discuss the details of this project at my office if you would like. Please let me know by the 1st of April if you are interested in this project, and together we will not only rival but also beat Elon Musk!

Kind regards,

Ishvar Sitaldin